Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter: Fukatu Sai Omedetou

I still prefer the Japanese name for this day, it means The Day of Resurrection. Regardless of what you believe the day means when you think of Easter, I would hope that people can acknowledge that it is the day when Christ rose from the tomb. That is why I prefer the Day of Resurrection, there is no doubt of the meaning, it does not get lost in candies and stuffed toys. This is the day we celebrate the Lord's overcoming death! He lives! He rose from the tomb! Because He lives, we shall live also. The power of death lost its eternal sting on this day. Christ overcame that: Oh death, where is thy sting? Behold, there is none. We shall all live again! I know this to be true, and I am proud to have this knowledge! I hope all of you have a lovely Day of Resurrection.
In other news: Olivia is officially old enough to do all the things we don't do! Yesterday was her 21st birthday! She and I went to Sangria and had an early dinner and then we returned home and finished watching Cecil B. DeMille's The Ten Commandments. You have got to love Heston as Moses!
Also, yesterday the sisters in our ward had a baby shower for Olivia. She got some neat presents and it sounds like they had a great time. Thank you to all who came, Olivia is blessed to have such good sisters in our ward.

No comments: