Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Wednesdays

I have come to love Wednesdays this semester. Why? No class, that is why. It makes the week go by a ton faster to have a day in the middle that we treat kind of like Saturday. Today I studied for the MPRE, yes, I am taking it AGAIN. Sonuva! I am not to thrilled, but I am trying to study more this time. After I studied, we loaded up and went to Lewiston. We tried out a dry cleaner, at Pat and Tim's recommendation, Busy Bee. Seems pretty good. Then we hit up the only LDS bookstore within a few hundred miles. Then over to Costco, in Clarkston. It never ceases to amaze me how much we spend there, and how much we DON'T buy. But, you gotta love the dadgum pizza. Good stuff.
Sunday was interesting. Olivia and I had been asked to speak. She woke up sick, so I went to church alone. The Dan Bell family was also speaking (they did a great job). I spoke last. It was good to share the thoughts that I had. My subject matter was service, a topic that is quite dear to my heart. I think we all have room to improve. There are opportunities all around us. we should use them and serve our brothers and sisters.
Things are moving rapidly. Before you know it, I will be a Law Skool Grad. Pretty frickin crazy. I sure am glad this is almost over. This has not been an easy task, and I don't think I would want to do it again, but I am glad that I have plodded along and done it. MOst of the credit should go to Olivia and Harrison. If not for them, I think I would have picked up and left about two years ago. To all my young 1L friends I say: you are not the first to feel the way you do, many others have sat in your chair and taken the crap that is law school. They persevered and so can you. I am thankful for good friends who were inspired to say words of encouragement. Thank you very much. I hope all of you are well and that life is treating you kind. May the wind be at your back, the Sun shine on your face, and may the Good Lord take a liking to ya'll.

No comments: