Friday, July 18, 2008

Just a Thought (We'll See...)

So, Mac has had this blog for quite a while. When we married, it remained his blog, although I was mentioned several times. And it wasn't really that big of a deal. He loves eletronics and technology, and I enjoy them, but not like he does. It wasn't until recently (namely, when we were looking at our married friends' blogs) that he decided it might be alright to let me be a contributor. After, I am his eternal companion. So, he changed some things around, and here I am posting my first blog. Yay! In all this excitement, I decided that this blog was too much a bachelors blog, even though we've been married for over a year and he most certainly was not a bachelor. Around the Fourth, I tried new blog templates, and font colors, the whole shuh-bang. Mac wasn't so impressed. He said it was too frilly and he didn't like it. Not even the big fireworks exploding at the bottom of the page. After a bit of bickering and compromise, we found a template that we could both enjoy. However, the Fourth only lasts for one day, so, I changed the template again. He didn't like that, either. He doesn't really like any of the ideas that I have for "our" blog. I'm a girly girl, I like the frilly things. And while he likes that I'm a girly girl, I don't think he likes it seeping into his manly world (his blog). One day I told him that maybe it would be a better idea if I had my own blog. Besides, I've heard that once you have kids, your blog becomes a shrine to them. Not that that's bad, but looking around, it's true. So why should it be different when you get married? Isn't that a major change in your life? And shouldn't that be included in your personal blog? And really, nothing is personal after you get married, it's all shared. When I told him my idea, he gave me a funny glance, thought about it, and kind of agreed. I think the idea is growing on him. And me, too... We'll see...

1 comment:

L84AROPIN said...

Atta girl, hun! I am so proud of you for posting. For the rest of you, I will defend my position of being manly, but I am what I am. I love to hear what Olivia has to say, and it is even neater to read it...