Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Settling in...

We are starting to get in a routine with Harrison. He is eating more and Olivia is doing quite well. Right now both are asleep. I am not tired (crud, it is only 9pm). I thought I would give a quick update on things.
Today we took Harrison to his first doctor's appointment. He passed with flying colors. He turned bright red when the nurse took off his diaper to weigh him. He weighed 7 lbs. 12 oz. He left the hospital at 7 lbs 6 oz. so we are gaining. You should have seen him yell, though. The color of his skin was red enough that I would have thought we dressed him in a WSU outfit, seriously, he was mad.
Last night we (Harrison and I) stayed in the new glider-rocker (thanks Grandma Holly and Grandpa Brent) until midnight. This is one nice chair, pictures will be forthcoming. Anyhow, we rocked for about two hours while Olivia took a much needed nap. Then we all laid down for sleep and Harrison woke up. Apparently he woke up every hour until 5am. I slept through all of those except the 5am call. Olivia handled it like a trooper, the only time she needed my help was with the 5am problem. Harrison slept better today and we even watched a movie tonight: Benny & Joon. That is a classic, Depp did a great job in that film.
Things are going good and we are slowly getting adapted and learning lots each day. This may sound corny, but this is one of the neatest things I have done. I hope all is well for all of you who are far from us, we miss all our friends that just left Moscow, as well as all our friends whom we have not seen for a long time, that goes ditto for all our family.
This weekend is Yard Day at Grandma Marj's. I wish I could be there, it really is one of my favorite traditions. There is nothing like getting together as a family and working. It is quite enjoyable.


Callin and Kristen said...

Hey McCord! Congrats! He sure is cute. It was good to find you on fb. I am expecting #3 in October. 2 girls so far, this one is a mystery. Good luck. They change so fast. Enjoy!
Kristen Jones May

L84AROPIN said...

Well, thank you! How are you guys getting along? It sounds like things are good. Hope all is well.

Luke said...

Alright McCord,

You really need to get this name thing straightened out. For the first few posts you call him Wally, then in the last one, you call him Harrison. Everyone can see that 74% of the voters called for Bridger. Get it right man!!!

Anyway, congrats you three. I miss ya.


L84AROPIN said...

Hate to break it to you, pal, but Bridger lost out with the most important crowd: Harrison's mother. She started calling him Harrison from the first upset cry. I get away with Wally and the nurses even wrote "Wally" on the nursery tag at the hospital. So, we call him Harrison mostly and Wally once in a while. That's that.