Sunday, January 09, 2011

Week 2

This is Sapphie. She was my kitty as a child. Unfortunately she had to be put down this week. I cried. Now before you go thinkin' I'm silly and a bit crazy, let me tell you about her. A good friend found her in the parking lot at work abused and abandoned. We took her in and a few months later she had kittens! Yay! We kept them around for a few years and even moved them across the country with us (New Hampshire to Idaho). And there she has stayed. She survived the evil neighbor's cat killings, five pesky children and their friends, and numerous other cats we adopted. She was one tough kitty. And smart, figuring out how to open doors and food packages, avoid the house during all hours of the day, and keeping the local mouse, bird, and squirrel populations at bay.
I know most people find cats annoying and downright useless *McCord*, but she was 14 years old, healthy, and active up until about a year ago. And she had the coolest lime green eyes! Plus, my first word was kitty. I spent the first years of my life chasing and terrorizing cats until their untimely deaths. Except for Sapphie. She managed to escape my wrath.
Goodbye Kitty.

H-bomb has learned some new words, but rarely says them. He has also started to fold his arms for prayers again, which makes a momma proud. I just don't understand why he stopped in the first place. But he's back at it and we are happy. He loves to help me clean and often pulls out the Lysol wipes or baby wipes to help with everything, including cardboard boxes and his clothes. It gets smeared across the couches, windows and mirrors, toys, chairs, cards, floors, doors, cupboards, etc. He loves to put the dryer sheet in the dryer and close the door. I think this is my favorite of all, except when he closes the door before everything is in, or out. We're both learning patience. He frequently takes his diaper off, even in public, loves toilet water, and all things that go Vrroom, bang, or boom. What a boy.

He fell asleep with the stick of jerky still in his mouth while en route to Boise two weeks ago. Baby son and I went to spend some time with my mom and Reed. We did lots of shopping and eating! I brought P & P with me to watch, but as fate would have it I left the second disk at home. Huge bummer. Reed was the greatest guy! He followed us around all the days and watched Harrison while we tried on clothes. No complaining or whining, just as long as he choose the food. Simple and easy to please. We had a great time.

McCord is working, and that is all he has to say. He's also been helping with Cody the horse. You see, he also has a brother named Cody, so it's important to be specific. The horse's hoof got an infection in the hoof wall and it swelled half way up his leg. The vet lanced and drained it, but the sore is continually swelling and draining, so the bandages must be frequently changed. Gross.

I have been chasing the boys, and enjoying much Pride and Prejudice, the Colin Firth version. We also visit my Grandparents quite a bit. Grandpa Mark has had some health issues that landed him in the ICU for nearly three weeks. Then they moved him to Park View Rehab Center, where he stayed for a week. And he finally came home this week. He's very medicated and weak, but we're hoping Grandma can whip him back into shape soon. It's been very stressful for her, and I think they are setting up home hospice care soon. My Aunt June is visiting from Washington for a while to help with all the transitions. It's been so fun laughing with her.

We spent the weekend in Boise for our nephew's baptism. I just love going to baptisms and being reminded of my experience. It was by no means great, nor do I remember a lot. But I love sharing the Spirit with them, and experiencing the growth and changes with them and their families.
H-bomb did not much care for sleeping in the toy closet while we were there. Don't worry, the closet it just shy of a small bedroom. He woke up screaming a few times, mostly because it was freezing in the room. After waking up several times, we brought him into bed with us. BAD idea. He kicked, punched and rolled all over us while taking away our precious blankets. We froze. He slept. All on a couch pull out bed. I am quite looking forward to our TempurPedic tonight.
Mac took Riley, his brother, shooting and brought along the Mag Research 45/70 revolver, and the Ruger Single Six. Mac will entertain you on the details later.
After the baptism and luncheon, Riley's wife Allison, took all the ladies to a new home decor boutique in Star called The Umbrella Bird. They have some great stuff! And best of all, it's very reasonably priced. A large china hutch was under $600 and made of real wood! All of their furniture pieces are made from wood reclaimed from old barns in Pennsylvania. If you live the Ada county, or visit, go see this place. It's not large by any means, but they do have some unique pieces for good prices. I bought two glass cake stands for under $30. And both have beautiful details.

In most recent news, our ward boundaries have changed. It seems to happen everywhere we go, usually after we've settled for a while. I understand that there is something to be learned and appreciated about these things, but can't we just stay in one ward for awhile? I just want things to stay the same for a while. Does anybody else feel this way? McCord suggested we move to Grouse Creek, but there is no way I am moving out there. Just see if you can find it on the satellite map. And then look how far away it is from any other town. No way Jose. Not gunna do it. We retained some friends and neighbors. Mac is just happy we're not in the same ward as the city prosecutor (he lives in the other ward). They are not the best of friends. Overall, I think it should be okay. A house we have thought about is now in our ward boundaries, so maybe this will be a good thing.

1 comment:

Chris and Paige Evans said...

Sorry about your kitty cat. The cat I got when I was 8 is STILL alive. She'll be 18 this year. I don't know what I'm gonna do when she dies.... probably blog about it!